This recipe is part of our Family Dinner Book Club menu inspired by How to Train Your Dragon.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Additional Time: 1 day
Total Time: 1 day 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 8 turkey legs
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the mustard, beer, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Heat until melted and combined. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the marinade into a freezer bag or roasting pan. Add the turkey legs and turn to coat well. Marinate overnight in the fridge, or at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 375F. Place the sliced onions and chopped carrots in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the turkey legs on top of the vegetables, and pour the remaining marinade on top.
- Cover the roasting pan with foil and roast the turkey legs for 1 hour. Remove the foil, brush the turkey legs with marinade, turn over, and brush with marinade again. Continue to roast, uncovered, until the turkey is cooked through, about 30 minutes.