Peach Cobbler is such fantastic classic dessert, and perfect for the summertime stone fruit season. This one has a gluten free crust so you can feed even more people!
This recipe is part of our Family Dinner Book Club for James and the Giant Peach.
If you’ve never had peach cobbler, you must not hail from the south. You also must be seriously deprived. You’re missing out on one of life’s best desserts. Served warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, Summertime Heaven!
I have made Peach Cobbler many many many times in my life, and this is my go-to trusty recipe. It does not have to be gluten free. You can sub all-purpose if that’s what you normally have on hand.
I was in the middle of making this for my family when I realized I was completely out of all-purpose flour. So I ran to my alternative flours cabinet and breathed a sign of relief when I still had some Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour on hand. This isn’t even an ad or sponsorship! This really is my legit favorite gluten free flour to use.
Summertime classic, updated for those with food sensitivities.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- dash ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 cups peeled and chopped peaches (about 5 peaches)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the butter in a baking dish, and place in the oven while preheating to melt.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and milk. When the butter is melted, remove the baking dish from the oven, and our this flour mixture on top of the butter. Stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, toss together the peaches, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Arrange the peaches all over the top of the batter.
- Bake the peach cobbler until the crust rises and is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream.
Sign up to get the latest theme menus, cocktails, and recipes.