Ruby Red grapefruits combine with sparkling rosé wine and dry gin to create a pretty-in-pink cocktail. This grapefruit gin spritz is perfect for Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day, or just any fabulous occasion asking for a splash of pink!
This recipe takes just a bit of extra love to get going. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, right?! We take fresh ruby red grapefruits and squeeze their ever loving juice out of them.
Combine that fresh juice with sugar and thyme to make a sweet and tart and savory simple syrup that will be the secret ingredient to your new favorite cocktail.
Let’s talk about the alcohol!
London Dry Gin is my gin of choice for this cocktail because it isn’t overpowering, but you still get that beautiful gin touch.
Sparkling rosé wine is just the prettiest drink on the market right now, and I can’t get enough. The best part? Use any kind you like! Pick out your favorite bottle to transform into a Grapefruit Gin Spritz.
Ruby Red grapefruits combine with sparkling rosé wine and dry gin to create a pretty-in-pink cocktail.
- For the Grapefruit Gin Spritz:
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) sparkling rosé
- 1 1/2 cups (12 fluid ounces) london dry gin
- 3/4 cup (6 fluid ounces) tonic water
- 3/4 cup (6 fluid ounces) fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup (4 fluid ounces) grapefruit thyme syrup (recipe below)
- optional garnish: grapefruit slice or wedge, sugar rim, fresh thyme sprig
- For the Grapefruit Thyme Syrup (makes 2 cups):
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice
- Peel from 1/2 grapefruit, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
For the Grapefruit Gin Spritz:
- In a pitcher, combine the sparkling rosé, gin, tonic water, grapefruit juice, and grapefruit thyme syrup. Stir to combine.
- Serve in wine glasses and garnish if desired.
For the Grapefruit Thyme Syrup (makes 2 cups):
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a mason jar, discarding the solids.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Sign up to get the latest theme menus, cocktails, and recipes.