Black and White Popcorn is the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and crunchy. It is my Mother’s Day gift to myself, and to you! Enjoy with a glass or three of champagne.
Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. It’s easy to make, and satisfies that salty/crunchy craving better than almost anything else. Now it can satisfy that sweet tooth craving, too.
I love freshly-popped, stove-top popcorn more than any other type. It comes out crunchier and airier than microwave popcorn. I don’t always make it this way, but when I do I am super pleased with the results. Microwave popcorn, or even pre-popped packaged popcorn will absolutely work for this recipe.
The black and white part of this recipe is going to be a dark chocolate drizzle and a white chocolate drizzle. We’re adding in some salted roasted peanuts, too, for extra texture.
Like I said above, you should enjoy this fancy popcorn with some champagne. In a bubble bath or in front of your favorite show with nobody else around to interrupt.
Black and White Popcorn is not my only gift to you this Mother’s Day. I also have a chance for you to win a KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer in your choice of black or white. Click the Rafflecopter link below for all the details, and then keep on scrolling to see a bunch of Mother’s Day recipes from around the web.a Rafflecopter giveaway
How do you like to be celebrated on Mother’s Day? Give me some more ideas in the comments below!
Salty popcorn drizzled with dark and white chocolate!
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup roasted, salted, shelled peanuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- Spread the popcorn in an even layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle the peanuts on top.
- Place the dark and white chocolate morsels in separate ziploc bags. Place the bags in the microwave and microwave in 30-second bursts until the chocolate is melted, kneading the bags in between microwave bursts,
- Once the chocolates are melted, snip a corner off each ziploc bag and drizzle the chocolate on top of the popcorn and peanuts. Allow to sit until cool and hardened, about 20 minutes.
Sign up to get the latest theme menus, cocktails, and recipes.