Tuscan Pasta Salad is part of the Family Dinner Book Club menu for Wishtree.
My bestie, Elyse, has been making this Tuscan Pasta Salad for years! She made it once for a party, it received raves reviews, and it now makes an appearance at every family birthday party. It is always devoured because it is so full of flavor.
I love all the color and texture in this dish. It is the perfect cold side dish for a picnic or a party, but you could also add beans or chicken to make it a full meal with plenty of protein. We always eat it cold, as a salad, but I ate a generous serving hot immediately after cooking the pasta because I was hungry. Haha. It was just as good hot as it always is cold.
Tuscan Pasta Salad is so versatile. You can leave out any of the ingredients you don’t love, increase the ones you do love, or add a protein like chicken or white beans to make this a full one-bowl meal.
- 1 pound pasta (gemelli or bowties)
- 1 3-ounce pouch sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 6.5-ounce can sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
for the Dressing:
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Drain the pasta and immediately toss with the dressing ingredients to coat well. Allow to cool at room temperature before moving to the fridge to chill completely.
- Once the pasta is cool, toss with the remaining ingredients and serve.