Irish Sausage Rolls are part of the Family Dinner Book Club menu for Wishtree.
Homemade sausage is wrapped in buttery flaky pie dough and served with tangy and sweet dipping sauces. This dish is perfect as a party appetizer, picnic dish, or the main course for tonight’s dinner. These can be made ahead of time and reheated or served cold from the fridge.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (not salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 pound ground pork
- stone ground mustard, for dipping
- sweet chili sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs and all the spices.
- Add the egg and use your fingers to mix well with the other ingredients.
- Add the ground pork and use your hands again to mix well. Make sure the breadcrumbs and spices are mixed evenly throughout the pork.
- Lay a prepared pie dough sheet on a flat surface. Divide the pork mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of pork into a long sausage roll the same width as the pie dough. Place on the bottom third of the pie dough and wrap the dough around the pork sausage. Using a serrated knife, cut the sausage roll into 8 equal slices and place them seam-side down on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pie dough and pork.
- Bake until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 160F, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with stone ground mustard and sweet chili sauce for dipping.
Sign up to get the latest theme menus, cocktails, and recipes.