Superhero Salad is filled with tons of super foods to keep you in tip top shape while saving the world!
This salad is part of our dinner menu to accompany The Incredibles movie. It is seriously filled with all of the tastiest super foods to help you get in all your required nutrients. It is great on it’s own, served alongside a pizza panini, or you can top it with grilled chicken or salmon.
The recipe below includes a homemade creamy dressing, but you can just as easily use your favorite salad dressing. I sometimes go with a balsamic vinaigrette instead.
Superhero Salad is filled with all the best super foods to keep you in tip top shape!
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pistachios
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon milk, to thin as needed
- In a large bowl, toss together the kale, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and pistachios.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, poppyseeds, and ginger. Taste the dressing, and add sugar 1 teaspoon at a time if you like things a little sweeter.
- Whisk in the milk 1 teaspoon at a time to reach desired consistency.