Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs are the perfect chocolatey pick me up when you’re following the keto diet!
I don’t follow the keto diet myself, but I have a friend who has just begun this lifestyle change, and we were brainstorming snack ideas for her. I had heard of fat bombs, but I assumed it would be like bulletproof coffee where you just add some butter into your coffee. Which, if I’m being honest, seems weird. Haha! I’m sorry, I don’t mean to make fun of another person’s lifestyle choices.
The limited reading I have done about the keto diet is interesting, and while I don’t know all the ins and outs of it, I can totally get on board with eating more whole foods! The concept of the fat bomb seems to be a midday snack, boost of energy, keep you full sort of thing. They’re often made with peanut butter or cream cheese, two ingredients I love!
Of course I wanted to add chocolate to my strawberry cheesecake fat bombs recipes, because duh it’s chocolate! And just look how pretty the swirly fat bombs look! They wouldn’t have come out so pretty without the added chocolate. Use high quality dark chocolate here. The keto diet is supposed to be low sugar. Dates are a natural sweetener, but they seem to be controversial in the keto community, so use at your own risk. I think this is where you’ll need to listen to your own body, and know what spikes your blood sugar. If you’re used to the lower sugar lifestyle, then you can probably leave it out. I added 1 date because I knew I was going to want something a bit sweeter. If you use very juicy strawberries, then you wouldn’t need the extra sweetness at all because they’ll be plenty sweet on their own!
Store these in the fridge to keep them cool and firm. If they’re too firm for you to bite, don’t worry, they soften within minutes of coming out of the fridge. Also, I guess the point of a fat bomb is that it’s a quick burst of fat, and you’re only supposed to eat 1 at a time, like between meals or something? Welllll I may have eaten 5 in one sitting after dinner one night. They’re so yummy! Seriously. I love them.
- 10 ounce bag dark chocolate morsels
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 date, optional
- pinch sea salt
- Line 24 mini muffin cups with paper cupcake liners.
- Place the chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon melted chocolate into each mini cupcake liner.
- Place the cream cheese, butter, strawberries, vanilla, date (optional), and salt in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Dollop 2 teaspoons cheesecake filling into each cupcake liner on top of the melted chocolate. Drizzle with an additional 1 teaspoon melted chocolate.
- Place the fat bombs in the fridge or freezer to harden and serve chilled.