When I was in culinary school, my uncle went gaga over my newfound skills, and picked my brain as often as he could. We started cooking together, and throwing dinner parties together, and now that he lives halfway across the country and throws his own dinner parties, he regals his guests with tales of what his bright young niece has taught him. When he and my aunt were here visiting recently, she told a story of him making breakfast in just his skivvies and catching his belly hair on fire. She rolled her eyes and said, “can you even imagine?!” I chuckled, said yes I can very well imagine, and told my own story of cooking in just my skivvies. It isn’t the safest kitchen attire to say the least.
I don’t think I can post the details of those stories on the internet, but come on over for a dinner party and I will pour you a glass of wine and entertain you with all manner of blush-inducing tales.
This Autumn Dinner Party was, I believe, the first dinner party Uncle Rick and I threw together. He wanted to serve an in between Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner that would be perfect for the season, but different from either of those lavish meals. Here is the menu we served.
Autumn Dinner Party
Pistachio-Crusted Rack of Lamb
Roasted Baby Carrots
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Maple-Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Aunt Veda’s Chocolate Mousse
And now for this week’s Friday Frenzy!
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the best food and craft link party on the web. Why is it the best?
- When you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy, your posts will be seen across 9 blogs for NINE TIMES the exposure.
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure.
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive support group on Facebook. We welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links.
- Laura Little House Big Alaska | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Rachel Tramplingrose | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Amy Savory Moments | Instagram | Facebook
- Melissa Mel Claire | Twitter | Facebook
- Kelly Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Micha Cookin’ Mimi | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Sarah Chef Sarah Elizabeth | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Allison The PinterTest Kitchen | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Colleen Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Hello and welcome to Friday Frenzy! I’m Amy from Savory Moments and I’m super excited to look through all these ideas this week and highlight some of my favorites. Since it’s December, I’m feeling pretty festive as my picks will confirm!
First up I’m absolutely loving this Santa’s Hat Christmas Cocktail from The Kitchen is My Playground. Aside from being adorable and festive, it sounds really tasty, too! Perfect for your holiday gatherings.
I’m a tad obsessed with the chocolate + peppermint combination this time of year. So these Peppermint Mocha Shortbread Cookies from Cooking With Carlee definitely got my attention! I love the addition of the coffee flavor. Yum!
And to help me get organized with my holiday baking, I’m like this Christmas Cookie Baking Schedule Printable from Crafting a Family. I love to bake Christmas cookies and make edible gifts, but sometimes twin toddlers make it difficult. This would be helpful for me to plan!