This month’s movie for Food n Flix is Planes, Trains and Automobiles and is hosted over on Amy’s Cooking Adventures. This is such a classic Thanksgiving movie, the perfect choice for November! I hadn’t watched in several years, but I still remembered most of the film. This was David’s first time watching, and I think he laughed more than I did. It’s a great slapstick, foul-mouthed, light-hearted movie that still has a good lesson.
I toyed with several ideas for a menu to accompany this film. Thanksgiving is the overwhelming theme, of course, and then there is the scene where they’re in the hotel room drinking all the mini alcohol bottles from the mini bar. So here is my menu: Thanksgiving Leftover Muffins, leftover pie, mini bottles of alcohol, popcorn, and candy. This is a fun movie to sit and watch with friends and family, while enjoying all your favorite movie snacks.
I can never get enough Thanksgiving foods, so I am happy to eat the leftovers over the course of the next week. I actually plan to eat the last of the turkey and gravy in my fridge for lunch today. You can top these muffins with extra gravy, or dip them in cranberry relish. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?!
- 4 1/2 cups crumbled leftover stuffing
- 2 cups chopped leftover turkey
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup leftover gravy
- leftover cranberry relish and gravy, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the stuffing, turkey, whisked eggs, and gravy. Stir to combine well.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Bake until the mixture is warmed through and the tops are lightly crispy, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with leftover cranberry relish and gravy.