After reading Grandfather’s Dream, I immediately called my brother to get him and his Vietnamese wife to come over and cook with me. His response? “We don’t cook Vietnamese food.” Whaaat?! I scolded them of course, and then started scouring the menu of my favorite local Vietnamese restaurant. While starting to crave a big bowl of pho, shaken beef with rice, and Vietnamese iced coffee, my phone rang. It was my brother with an invitation to come cook with his Vietnamese mother in law in her home! Two days later I was in the kitchen with mẹ (mother in Vietnamese) learning to cook a traditional Vietnamese dinner.
Definitely add this dinner to your Grandfather’s Dream menu, and don’t forget the “precious”! That’s the small bowl of leftover crispy rice.
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- When you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure.
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive and support group on Facebook, we welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura Little House Big Alaska Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Rachel Trampling Rose Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Amy Savory Moments Instagram Facebook
- Melissa MelClaire Twitter Facebook
- Kelly Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Micha Cooking Mimi Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Sarah Chef Sarah Elizabeth Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Allison The Pintertest Kitchen Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Colleen Faith Hope Love and Luck Twitter Instagram Facebook
Hi, everyone! I’m Amy from Savory Moments and I’m hosting the Friday Frenzy this week! It’s getting harder to pick featured posts as more and more people are linking up each week! Here are a few that stuck out to me (I’m in full-on Halloween and fall mode right now).
First up are these Halloween Pumpkin Napkin Ring Printables from Everyday Parties. I’m not an overly crafty person, but I’d love to do things like this for holidays as my kids get a little older and excited for our annual traditions.
Next up are these Apple Corn Muffins from Marilyn’s Treats. We recently went apple picking and we always pick a lot of apples – so I’m always looking for tasty ways to enjoy them! I love this flavor combination for autumn.
The last feature for this week is this Sweet Potato Crockpot Soup from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck. I’m a big sweet potato fan and this soup looks terrific for fall and winter. Plus I love being able to make anything in my slow cooker!
Thanks to everyone who has been linking up and participating! I can’t wait to see what everyone shares this week!