Remember how my little tiny baby turned ONE?! The saddest day. I made him a triple layer cake for his milk-themed party. This cake is made up of a chocolate chip cookie, a brownie, a funfetti cake, and some italian buttercream frosting. It. Is. Amazing. This is not a cake for the faint of heart. It is thick, decadent, rich, and must be made in steps. I had Abby and Katie helping me in the kitchen the day I made Henry’s cake, and we had so much fun. In one day they learned how to make 4 different dessert recipes, and then we put them all together into this super fun triple layer cake.
Scroll down, down, down to find the recipe. But First! Check out Friday Frenzy and all these other fab recipes and crafts.
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- Well when you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure.
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive and support group on Facebook, we welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura Little House Big Alaska Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Rachel Trampling Rose Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Amy Savory Moments Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Melissa MelClaire Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Kelly Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Micha Cooking Mimi Twitter Instagram Facebook
- April Home Sweet Homestead Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Sarah Chef Sarah Elizabeth Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Allison The Pintertest Kitchen Twitter Instagram Facebook
Hi friends it’s Laura from Little House Big Alaska and I’m your host this week. It was SO hard to choose my favorite posts from all the linked up posts from last week. SO many amazing posts to choose from I couldn’t even pick three I HAD to pick four. HAD TO.
First up the Green Tomato Tacos from Mj’s Kitchen. What? I know!
Aren’t they gorgeous? I think I have a few tomatoes left in my greenhouse and I’m going to make these for dinner this week.
Then The Bearded Hiker brought a gorgeous Sauerbraten recipe for Oktoberfest.
Yeah I need to make that too!
Side dishes are sometimes my FAVORITE part of a meal, anybody else feel that way? Maybe this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole from Just Simple Somethings is just the thing to make you love side dishes too.
And let’s top off this tasty post with a very seasonal Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chip recipe from Back to my Southern Roots. I need a slice RIGHT NOW.