I love to eat pigs, and I love to eat them slathered in homemade BBQ sauce! I have my own favorite that I use on my slow cooker pulled pork, and it works perfectly on these oven ribs, too. Don’t have a smoker? No problem! Ribs cooked in the oven come out just as fall-off-the-bone tender as ever. This menu was inspired by the film Secondhand Lions which was chosen by Fictional Fare for the August Food n Flix pic. I watched the film, cooked my menu, and shot these photos with plenty of time to post, but then life got in the way so I didn’t get my stuff turned in to make it into the roundup. Whomp Whomp!
I still wanted to post this menu anyway because the film was such a great choice! I remember watching it when it first came out, but didn’t remember much about it. Its a great coming of age story, as well as a testament to the importance of keeping track of our relationships with the elders in our family. Secondhand Lions is a great family film that I will definitely be adding to our movie night list once the girls are old enough to watch.
Oven Ribs with All the Fixins
menu inspired by Secondhand Lions
Corn on the Cob
Macaroni and Cheese
Now let’s check out this week’s Friday Frenzy!
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- Well when you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure.
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive and support group on Facebook, we welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura Little House Big Alaska Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Rachel Trampling Rose Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Amy Savory Moments Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Melissa MelClaire Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Kelly Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Micha Cooking Mimi Twitter Instagram Facebook
- April Home Sweet Homestead Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Sarah Chef Sarah Elizabeth Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Allison The Pintertest Kitchen Twitter Instagram Facebook
This Week’s Featured Posts
Allison from The PinterTest Kitchen here, and I had the fun job of picking this week’s featured posts. This is a tough job, because we get so many amazing entries every week!
Let’s start off this week with Strawberry Ice Cream recipe from Creamish. Here in Virginia, the weather is finally starting to cool off, but it is always the right temperature for ice cream, am I right? Especially ice cream that looks this good!
Next up, I can’t wait to try this Red Pepper Tapenade from Little House Big Alaska. I love recipes like this that look super fancy, but are easy to make with ingredients you already have in our pantry. Plus… red pepper! YUM! What’s not to love?
Finally, fall is just around the corner, so check out these 5 Essential Fall Farmhouse Decorating Elements from Welsh Design Studio. I especially love her tips about using white pumpkins. My house has a beach theme and is decorated in cool colors like blue and purple, so traditional fall decorations don’t really match. I use a lot of white pumpkins and leaves in my fall decorating and love the new tips!
Don’t forget to add you link to this week’s round-up: