Share this recipe!Pin on PinterestShare on YummlyShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInDigg thisShare on TumblrShare on Reddit

Tabletop S'mores from ChefSarahElizabeth.com

Goodness gracious – s’mores! If nothing else, summertime is for s’mores, isn’t it?! I happen to enjoy them year round, but they seem to be in peak season during the summer. I guess it has to do with all the campfires and beach bonfires.

Tabletop S'mores from ChefSarahElizabeth.com

Well, I can’t just be waiting around for a beach day or a camping trip to enjoy a s’more. I need one when I need one! I often make stovetop s’mores at home when I get the hankering. I have even done living room culinary torch s’mores which my husband wasn’t too thrilled about… safety or whatever.

Tabletop S'mores from ChefSarahElizabeth.com

We don’t have a fire pit in our backyard, which is definitely something we need to remedy! So I thought it would be fun to have mini fires on the table for tabletop s’mores. I always have a few sternos lying around which got me to thinking I could roast marshmallows over those. Thennnn I started wondering what a sterno is actually made of and if I would want my food touching that flame. See? I am concerned with safety sometimes (David!). So off to Google I went!

Tabletop S'mores from ChefSarahElizabeth.com

It turns out I am not the first one to have this brilliant idea, and Sterno has answered the call with these cute little s’mores pots. They even have an entire adorable contraption to have your own tabletop s’mores. I wanted to make my little fires look like actual mini campfires, so I foraged in the forest of my backyard for sticks. I knew they would burn, but what I did not know was that they would immediately burst into flame! Check out that mini campfire! It lasted about 5 minutes before the sticks were ashes and we were left with just the sterno, but it was a fun five minutes!

Tabletop S'mores from ChefSarahElizabeth.com

At least I got a few photos of my adorable mini campfire. These tabletop s’mores were fun to put together and fun to enjoy. Abby told me this was the best photoshoot I’ve ever done! Haha nice.

Tabletop S'mores from ChefSarahElizabeth.com

Don’t forget – this week is #CookoutWeek and we have a fabulous giveaway for you! Tell me in the comments below: How many marshmallows do you use per s’more?! I am a firm believer that each s’more must contain 2 heavily roasted marshmallows.

Tabletop S’mores
Save RecipeSave Recipe

Ingredients

• graham crackers
  • chocolate
  • marshmallows
  • skewers
  • Sterno S'mores Heat

Instructions

1. Place the graham crackers and chocolate on a platter for everyone to serve themselves.
  2. Skewer the marshmallows and set in a glass or on a platter.
  3. Place the sterno in the center of the table - away from anything flammable - and light. The sterno will burn for about 45 minutes. It does not have a visible flame, so use extreme caution and watch children closely!
  4. Roast marshmallows, and sandwich between 2 graham cracker squares with chocolate.
7.6.3
169

24 Comments on Tabletop S’mores #CookoutWeek

1. Wendy Klik
    June 30, 2017 at 5:47 pm (5 months ago)
    What a cute idea. Reply
    • Sarah Elizabeth
      July 1, 2017 at 1:41 pm (5 months ago)
      Thank you! It was fun to put together. Reply
    • Emmy
      July 19, 2017 at 5:17 pm (4 months ago)
      Hang in there my friend! I’ve “been there done th#;a#8221t&&8230;and still doing it to a certain extent. Find a moment or two for yourself each day to relax and be mindful of the blessings you do have dear. Love and hugs to you and Randy. Keep the faith! Reply
  2. valmg @ From Val's Kitchen
    June 30, 2017 at 9:18 pm (5 months ago)
    I've never seen a little tabletop smores pot before. It reminds me of a tiny campfire but prettier with those colors. Reply
    • Sarah Elizabeth
      July 1, 2017 at 1:42 pm (5 months ago)
      Right?! A tiny campfire! That's what I wanted to create...without burning anything down. Reply
  3. Adriana Lopez Martn
    June 30, 2017 at 11:25 pm (5 months ago)
    In love with that tabletop smores gadget I want one. Looks lovely and this is so much fun for a party or a dinner for two. Super nice idea. Reply
    • Sarah Elizabeth
      July 1, 2017 at 1:43 pm (5 months ago)
      Agreed! Good for a crowd or couple... or single! Reply
  4. Noel Lizotte
    July 1, 2017 at 7:49 am (5 months ago)
    Table top camp fires! What a great idea! This would a be a heck of a lot easier than building a large campfire. .. trying to find enough kindling can be tough in town! Reply
    • Sarah Elizabeth
      July 1, 2017 at 1:44 pm (5 months ago)
      Yes, picking up a few twigs in the backyard was a much easier feat than finding enough for a real fire... but this one only lasted a few minutes. Reply
  5. Gloria @ Homemade & Yummy
    July 1, 2017 at 8:22 am (5 months ago)
    S'mores are always a hit...with the kids and adults. I just bought stuff to make them on the BBQ this weekend...my kids are coming over for dinner...this will be dessert. Reply
    • Sarah Elizabeth
      July 1, 2017 at 1:45 pm (5 months ago)
      Couldn't agree more. S'mores for everyone! Reply
    • Jodi
      July 19, 2017 at 5:08 pm (4 months ago)
      Sweden hett#&8230;Siering here and is amazed by the huge weight you´re pushing up and pushing yourself to the limit. So inspiring to be a part of.Clearly you´ve put on some serious mass to your triceps and front delts – can the progress be a result of this latest challenge?And, 405 is no longer without reach – that´s for sure, it´s right behind next corner what it looks like after seeing this video. Awesome Kevin!! =)// Jimmy from Sweden Reply
  6. Nancy Loring
    July 1, 2017 at 10:03 am (5 months ago)
    I use 3. One on the smore and i eat the other two while i am cooking my marshmellow to perfection Reply
    • Sarah Elizabeth
      July 1, 2017 at 1:45 pm (5 months ago)
      Now that's a great way to make a s'more! Reply
  7. Stephanie@ApplesforCJ
    July 1, 2017 at 11:23 am (5 months ago)
    Such a fun idea especially if you don't have a fire pit. We do have one in our backyard but love the idea of making these on the beach. Reply
    • Sarah Elizabeth
      July 1, 2017 at 2:25 pm (5 months ago)
      Yes! We do not have a fire pit, although we have plenty of room for one. I think we need to get one this summer. Reply
  8. Veena Azmanov
    July 1, 2017 at 1:45 pm (5 months ago)
    That smores pot is so cute!! I want one too!! I love smores and how quaint to have it on the table top! Love the idea. Reply
  9. Michelle Blackwood
    July 1, 2017 at 3:46 pm (5 months ago)
    My children love smores like crazy. This stove top gadget would be ideal. Reply
  10. Eileen Kelly
    July 1, 2017 at 8:24 pm (5 months ago)
    What a fantastic idea for s'mores! I absolutely love that pot. I now need to makes s'mores! YUMMY! Reply
  11. Daniela Anderson
    July 2, 2017 at 4:06 pm (5 months ago)
    It might be just me, but I must say I had no idea what s'mores were until I started blogging, since in the UK this amazing treat is not at all familiar. I know, we are missing out bit time. This is such a great way of having a fun time. Brilliant! Reply
    • Sarah Elizabeth
      July 10, 2017 at 2:24 pm (5 months ago)
      OMG you are totally missing out! I'm sad for you ;) Have you had a s'more yet? You need to make some! Reply
  12. Molly Kumar
    July 3, 2017 at 12:15 am (5 months ago)
    Doing a tabletop smores is such a fun idea. We love smores especially when it's a party with lots of kids and it's one dessert which is always such a hit. Reply
  13. Marisa Franca @ All Our Way
    July 3, 2017 at 4:05 am (5 months ago)
    What a cute idea!! I don't know of anyone who doesn't like S'mores. No longer do we have to wait to go camping in order to enjoy that delicious treat. Love the way it's done. Reply
  14. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
    July 3, 2017 at 11:45 am (5 months ago)
    Oh my goodness how cute is that little flame? Great idea for when a regular fire is not available! Reply