You are so lucky be visiting me today, because I have a gigantic batch of perfectly soft(ish) sugar cookies for you! You’re welcome. You know how traditional sugar cookies, like the ones we decorate at Christmas, are hard and crunchy? Then at the other end of the spectrum we have those crazy soft, over flour-y, Lofthouse sugar cookies? Don’t get me wrong, those both have a place in my heart. Actually, if I’m being honest, the crunchy traditional kind don’t really. They’re fun to decorate, but they’re not very easy or fun to eat.
When we decided to make cookie decorating favor bags for Abby’s birthday party, I went on a quest to find a softer, but not too soft sugar cookie. Something that would hold it’s shape while baking, hold up further in a favor bag and the hands of a bouncing 9 year old on the car ride home, would be easy to decorate, but also easy and enjoyable to eat. Well, I found it! And I’m sharing it in the recipe card below! Again, you’re welcome.
Before we hit up that fabulous recipe, let’s check out this week’s Friday Frenzy! It is Friday after all, and we have some serious craft and recipe browsing to do instead of working today.
Happy, happy Friday! Kelly here from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats and I am writing this week’s link party post…which means I get to pick out some of my favorite posts that were linked up last week, to share with you! Let’s get on to the party….
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy!! The Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- When you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure
- Our host bloggers are all part of a blogging support group on Facebook. We welcome all bloggers, big or small, and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links!!
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura Little House Big Alaska – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
- Rachel Trampling Rose – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
- Amy Savory Moments – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
- Melissa MelClaire – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
- Kelly Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
- Micah Cooking Mimi – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
- April Home Sweet Homestead – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
- Sarah Chef Sarah Elizabeth – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
- Allison The Pintertest Kitchen – Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
Thank you to all the bloggers who linked up last week. I had so much fun clicking through all the links to see all the fun crafts and yummy recipes. Here are a few that I am just dying to make:
Low Carb Barbecue Sauce from our very own Laura at Little House Big Alaska! This recipe comes just in time for those backyard cookouts and swimsuit season!
And what else would go perfectly with a backyard cookout?? These Frozen Watermelon drinks from Chef Sarah Elizabeth! Annnnnnd they contain rum. Perfect!
And dessert of course…I’m loving the Ice Cream Bread Pudding with Cherries from Tumbleweed Contessa! I mean there’s ice cream, bread and cherries. ‘Nuf said!
I’m running to the kitchen now, so I can make this Creamy Lemon Berry Pie with Shortbread Crust from Cooking with Carlee. Those berries! That crust!