It is officially Fall! I love everything about this season. The golden tones at the farmers market, the cooler weather, the sweaters, the changing colors in nature, and of course the start of the holiday season! We’re not exactly getting the dropping temps here in Southern California, but I’m holding out hope. We’ve had some weirdly rainy days during the summer and we sure could use some more of that. Yes, it’s just barely the beginning of the season, but I went to the farmers market and found all these beautiful fall flavors. I just had to get them all… even if they’re not perfectly ripe or amazing yet. Hopefully this Fall Farmer’s Market Salad will be inspiration for the season to come on full force as well as for you to enjoy what nature has to offer this time of year.
I always feel like I enjoy the summer, but I don’t particularly enjoy the super hot weather, and I really feel like I come alive in the Fall. Apple picking in Oak Glen, pumpkin patches, Christmas trees, hot cocoa, mulled cider. You name it, I love it! What is your favorite Fall activity?
Look all these other scrumptious apple recipes to celebrate the arrival of Fall!
The Lemon Bowl: Sparkling Apple Cider Punch
Creative Culinary: Boozy Apple Crisp
Homemade Delish: Apple Chips
Healthy Eats: 6 Healthy Treats to Make After Apple Picking
Daisy at Home: Fall Farmer’s Market Salad
Virtually Homemade: Gluten-Free Salted Caramel Apple Bars
TasteBook: Caramel Baked Apples with Cinnamon-Oat Crumble
Napa Farmhouse 1885: “Grownup” Caramel Apples
Red or Green: Caramel Apple Spiced Shortcakes
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Whole Grain Oat & Millet Pancakes with Shaved Apples
Domesticate Me: Roast Chicken, Apple and Brie Grilled Cheese
Taste with the Eyes: Classic Apple Tarte Tatin with Cognac and Crème Fraîche
FN Dish: Quickest, Easiest Apple Dessert Recipes
10 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 170 grams (4 cups) mixed greens
- 1 red apple
- 1 green apple
- 1 pear
- 1 pomegranate
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) roasted and salted pepitas
- 3 ounces (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces (1/3 cup) honey
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) apple cider vinegar
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 10 grams (1 teaspoon) kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the salad greens in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the apples and pear, and add them to the salad. Remove the arils from the pomegranate and add to the salad. Top with the pepitas.
- In a small bowl or mason jar, mix together the oil, vinegar, honey, orange juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine, or serve the dressing on the side.