It’s all about the eggnog in this house. The girls weren’t too fond of the eggnog just, but they did enjoy the eggnog cookies. I made a batch to take to the preschool performance and they were so excited and proud to share homemade goodies with their classmates. When I was tasked with sharing a holiday beverage for this week’s Fall Fest, I knew it was going to feature eggnog. Since I’ve recently become coffee-crazed, I figured an eggnog latte was the natural progression. Everyone has an eggnog latte recipe, though, so I added some extra sweetness and spice to mine with a homemade, spiced-up, maple simple syrup. Yeahhhhhh. You can’t be grumpy when the scents of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg are filling up your kitchen. So wake up with some Christmas cheer… the non-alcoholic kind, and make yourself some yummy simple syrup to keep on hand through the holiday season. Enjoy!
Keep on scrolling, keep on scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling past the recipe for even more holiday beverage recipes!
A simple syrup made with maple and spices instead of white sugar.
- 4 fluid ounces eggnog
- 4 fluid ounces whole milk
- 4 shots espresso
- 1 - 2 teaspoons spiced up maple syrup, or to taste
- freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
- 8 fluid ounces water
- 6 fluid ounces pure maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine the eggnog and milk in a small saucepan or in a mug and warm on the stovetop or steam using the steamer wand on your espresso machine.
- Fill mugs halfway up with the eggnog mixture, and top with brewed espresso.
- Add spiced up maple syrup to taste, recipe below. Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg on top if desired.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Place over low heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and cook to thicken slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and use immediately or store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Daisy at Home: Spiced Up Eggnog Latte
The Lemon Bowl: Mexican Hot Chocolate
The Cultural Dish: Homemade Adult Eggnog
The Mom 100: Caramel Chocolate Frappe
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Cranberry Margaritas (Perfect for your Holiday Parties)
Red or Green: Spiced Eggnog (Egg and Dairy Free)
Weelicious: Double Chocolatey Hot Cocoa in a Jar
Dishing with Divya: Caribbean Carrot Punch
Taste with the Eyes: Exquisite French Martini for the Holidays, Macaron Garnish
Domesticate Me: Grapefruit-Rosemary Mule
FN Dish: Best Sipped Out of a Mug: Warming Holiday Cocktails